Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter Walk

This morning I woke up and wanted to go on a winter walk with the dogs.  No wind, 3 layers of clothes and sleeping bag down coat to my ankles, I ran the dogs when the sun was coming up.  What was I thinking?  Mom says I officially do not have her DNA.  I must have mutated.  I just wanted to be out.  All my friends are training for a marathon so they talk about running.  So I thought I would think about running while I walk.  The brown grass was matted so it was easy to walk.  Hidden trash was visible now- Stella started to roll in what looked something like a meth lab so we turned another direction.  We are scheduled for snow tonight.  The world was so quiet, waiting for the storm.  I wanted to be out in the world before I nest and batten down for the snow...........pray for a snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment